This romantic, thickly forested, hilly countryside located in the south of Külungsborn called the "Kühlungâ with streams and ravines gave the location its name. It is ideal for a walk, e.g. to the Diedrichshagener hill, which has a beautiful view of Kühlungsborn.
Trip with the Molli
A trip with the narrow gauge train, which was first put into operation in 1886, is a must. It connects Kühlungsborn to Heiligendamm and Bad Doberan.
Hanseatic City of Wismar
The second-largest port city of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern is one of the world heritage sites. This is because Wismar has one of the best-preserved, medieval city centres with the Late Gothic brick churches, the large marketplace, and the "Alte Schwedenâ, Wismar’s oldest community centre
The Salt Lagoon
The quieter alternative excursion leads to Rerik, approximately 12 km away, which lies between the sea and the lagoon. From Schmiedeberg, you can have a view of the open Baltic Sea, the idyllic salt lagoon and the peninsula Wustrow.
An excerpt from the annual calendar of events:
- Public walk along the Molli track in Bad Doberan
- Rhododendron park festival in Graal-Müritz
- Wismar port festival
- Baltic Sea jazz in Rostock
- âKamp’ festival in Bad Doberan
- Warnemünder Week
- Lagoon festival days
- "Ostseemeetingâ horse races in Bad Doberan
- Hanse Sail in Rostock
- Sweden festival in the historic old town in Wismar
- âStromfest’ in Warnemünde
- âLichterfest’ at the salt lagoon in Rerik
- Christmas market in Rostock