Heringsdorf makes holiday history. For 175 years, guests have traveled here to enjoy the beauty of Usedom.
This tradition has fantastic consequences for today’s holidaymakers, because you won’t just find beautiful beaches and a great deal of nature. You will also experience your stay at the sea in a historical seaside resort ensemble, which is a unique holiday setting.
Today, it seems to be self-evident why Heringsdorf developed into a special travel destination: a refreshing swim in the sea. However, first of all, the resort culture had to be invented at the beginning of the 19th century. It was discovered how healthy and relaxing sea air and sea swimming are. Therefore, the first swimming facilities arose with a hand full of lodging houses as well. All of this happened very quickly. Holidays at the waterside came into fashion and Heringsdorf developed into the most posh seaside resort on the island around 1885.
Guests were received who were notables in Berlin and above all the imperial family, but also nobility, industrialists, and artists. Many built summer villas inspired by the Mediterranean which earned Heringsdorf the name "Nice of the northâ.
Today, the inheritance of that time has marked Heringsdorf in a very beautiful way. The magnificent architecture of the history welcomes visitors every step of the way. It is a pleasure to stroll between the splendid antique villas as well as through the old park-like stands of trees. Even Heinrich Mann noted that Heringsdorf only consists of pillars. The stylish modern building of our Travel Charme Strandidyll fits elegantly and gently into the local surroundings and continues the tradition of relaxed, stylish holidays on the Baltic Sea in a modern way.
Besides the snow-white villas of the founder’s time, Heringsdorf of course is distinguished by even more:
- its dreamlike location directly at the Baltic Sea beach and nestled in the ancient pine and beech forests,
- the longest pier in Europe at 500 metres,
- the inviting beach promenade, which joins the three imperial resorts of Heringsdorf, Bansin and Ahlbeck together,
- small streets in the town centre with many shops for window shopping and strolling,
- many first-class restaurants with culinary specialities
Events in Heringsdorf
- Easter concert of the master class on 16.04.2006
- Heringsdorf goes Fashion from 21.04. to 22.04.2006
- Theatre tent Chapeau Rouge from 02.06. to 02.09.2006, including Shakespeare’s "As you like it"
- 7th international cabaret festival and 11th Heringsdorf pier birthday from 02.06. to 05.2006
- Jazz festival "Jazz at the train station" from 02.06 to 04.06.2006
- Only special guest performance by the Japan-Germany doubles tour with the Japanese pianist Ingrid Fujiko Hemming and the Philharmonic Orchestra of Vorpommern on 08.06.2006
- 9th Heringsdorf Kaiser’s Days in the flair of the 20’s from 28.06 to 02.07.2006
- Gala programme by the Berlin Philharmonic, "Homage to Heinz Rühmann"
- Usedom music festival from 23.09 to 07.10.2006
- Heringsdorf goes Fashion from 13.10 to 14.10.2006
- Stars of folk music with guest "Marianne and Michael" on 26.10.2006