at the 4*S Strandhotel Bansin
Sustainable relaxation in Bansin – whatever the season
Water, land and air
Whether it’s golf, diving, hiking or gliding over the island of Usedom that you’re after – all these and many more activities can be experienced with the whole family.
Cicling and bike tours
The island of Usedom has a network of cycle paths covering around 200 km, and with a range of bikes, including trailers, bike seats for kids, as well as electric bikes, the whole family can get active together.
Activities for the whole family – and all ages
Usedom: by Nature a Realm of Adventures for Families
Das halten wir für Deinen Ausflug bereit:
- Coole Leihfarräder für Kids inkl. Helm (ab 4,50 Euro pro Tag)
- Schnelle Leihfarräder für Erwachsene (ab 9,00 Euro pro Tag)
- praktische Kindersitze und überdachte Fahrradanhänger (kostenlos)
- Insel-, Rad-, Wander- und Ausflugspläne
Hiking & Nordic Walking
On the island of Usedom the possibilities are endless when it comes to hiking and walking. With more than 400 km of trails at your disposal, you can walk to your heart’s content – for example, along the cliffs to Koserow, into the hinterland towards Mellenthin, or to the small fishing village of Kamminke on Szczecin Lagoon.
Tour option 1: Bansin - Mümmelkensee - Bansin: 11.3 km
- Profile: challenging route (up to 38 m above sea level)
- Description: from the hotel, head towards the ‘Langer Berg’ (54 m high) and, just before it, turn off to the left into the nature reserve and follow the signposted route to lake Mümmelkensee. En route, you will pass a viewing platform with a view of the lake.
As you continue, you’ll cross the main road, past the Schieferberg (40.7 m hill) and lake Schmollensee towards Fangel forester’s lodge. From there, your tour continues past both Krebssee lakes to Neu Sallenthin (from Krückenberg you can stop at the ‘Seven Lakes View’ viewpoint). The route then leads back to the village of Bansin before following the Fischerweg back to the hotel.
Tour option 2: Usedom centre - Welzin - Stolpe - Usedom town centre: 12.4 km
- Profile: a very relaxed tour, with the exception of a few small climbs (up to 15 m above sea level)
- Description: the route leads from Usedom town centre (Usedom church, the museum of local history at the Anklamer Tor gate, Schlossberg and the harbour) through the town’s woods, towards Stolpe. In Stolpe, you will pass the medieval fieldstone church and the Stolpe Schloss castle.
The trail continues through meadows and fields towards Welzin. With a little luck you might even see some native animals here (buzzards, seagulls, swans, wild ducks) next to the cheese dairy. From Welzin, follow the trail on towards Ostklüne, but take a right after the cemetery on the embankment.
You’ll then continue along lake Usedom until you reach the district of Paske and your destination back in Usedom town centre.
Cycling & Mountain-Biking
In Bansin the choice of bike tours is endless. After all, you have approx. 200 km of bike trails to choose from. Tip: cycle along the coast to Peenemünde, or in the other direction to Ahlbeck, continuing through the woods and meadows to the fishing village of Kamminke on Szczecin Lagoon – an amazing taste of nature! And it's always worth taking a jaunt into the island’s hinterlands, with just a few smallish hills along the way.
In addition to standard 7-speed touring bikes, we hire out:
- bikes with trailers and children’s seats
- children’s bikes
- family bikes
- balance bikes
- tandem bikes
- mountain bikes
We also offer the option of booking packed lunches for your excursion.
Tour option 1 - Bansin - Benz - Thurbruch: approx. 25 km
- Profile: challenging in parts at the start, as you have to pass through Usedom’s Switzerland. After that, the trail is enjoyable to cycle, with just a few small challenges (up to 45 m above sea level).
- Description: starting at the hotel, this tour leads through the village of Bansin and Neu-Sallenthin towards Sellin, Benz and Labömitz. Further on you can pass through Katschow, Kachlin and back through the Thurbruch region via Reetzow to your starting point in Bansin.
- Points of interest on this tour: St Peter's Church in Benz (1229), the smock mill in Benz (1828), art gallery in Benz, windpump in Kachlin, the journey through the Thurbruch region, the ‘Seven Lakes View’ in Alt-Sallenthin on Krückenberg
Tour option 2 - Bansin - Ückeritz - Stubbenfelde - Kölpinsee - Koserow - Zempin - Zinnowitz - Bansin: approx. 30 km
- Profile: challenging at up to 50 m above sea level (especially challenging between Bansin and Kölpinsee)
- Description: starting at the hotel, this tour leads through the Bansin beech forest towards the Ückeritz campsite. After about 5 km, you will reach the campsite before continuing on to Stubbenfelde, Kölpinsee and Koserow. This route features three hills with 16% inclines. Bear this in mind when planning your trip.Then the trail will take you along the embankment to Zempin and on to your destination in Zinnowitz. On the way back you have the option of following the cycle path along the B111 towards Bansin or taking the UBB (Usedom Bäderbahn) train line.
- Points of interest on this tour: detour to the Achterwasser Lagoon (in Ückeritz, Loddin); the Streckelsberg and coastal cliff in Koserow; narrowest point on the island of Usedom in Lüttenort, which is also home to the Otto-Niemeyer-Holstein studio; the diving capsule and the historic beach promenade in Zinnowitz
If you want to find out about other bike tours, you can find out more in our visitor information or ask our colleagues at the reception desk.
When it comes to water-sports, Bansin has a lot to offer. We’re happy to help you organise your activities for kids and adults.
Here's a selection:
- Sailing, surfing & kite-surfing on the Achterwasser
- Boat hire (rowing boats, speed boats, pedal boats and sailing boats)
- Diving into the Baltic Sea and the small lakes on the island
- Canoeing and kayaking on the Achterwasser or the Szczecin
- Lagoon Bernsteintherme seawater swimming pool in Zinnowitz
- Ostseetherme thermal baths in Ahlbeck
- Fishing on the Krebssee lake in Sallenthin
- Cruise with the Weisse Düne (from May to September)
Riding & Carriage/Covered-Wagon Tours
Both horses and riders alike are at one with the unspoilt natural surrounds of Usedom. Enjoy the charming air of yesteryear and broad expanses, as well as the island’s maritime character from Ahlbeck to Peenemünde. Options include carriage and wagon rides, as well as pony rides in the vicinity. Our reception desk would be happy to provide information and book your first riding lesson for you.
Segway Riding – the Emission-Free Way to Travel around the Island
Experiencing the island in a special way couldn’t be easier in Usedom. Hop on a Segway, for example, and take a slick two-wheeled journey through the spa towns and the hinterland. Using a patented dynamic stabilisation technology, Segways keep their balance and are extremely easy to ride. They can reach top speeds of up to 20 km/h and riding them is, quite simply, a lot of fun. On various guided tours from the Kaiserbäder ‘Imperial Seaside Resorts‘ via Swinemünde and Koserow to tours of Wolgastsee lake and along the Achterwasser, the Segway-curious of at least 15 years of age and possessing at least a moped license can try this trendy mode of travel.
Golf & Swinggolf
The perfect way to spend an active day in the open air. Golfpark Baltic Hills in Korswandt has special offers for golf enthusiasts.
Golfclub Baltic Hills in Korswandt
The Baltic Hills is a 19-hole golf course (incl. mulligan hole) – beautifully situated in a unique natural setting. Guests in Ostseebad Heringsdorf can enjoy a few rounds in a laid-back atmosphere without travelling too far. The course is only about 10 minutes by car from the hotel.
Swingolf is a simplified version of golf derived from an old farmer’s game in France. The object of the game is to hit a ball into a cup between 65 and 300 metres away using a club and as few shots as possible. A chance for the entire family to get active together in the island’s hinterland.
Keen to get a bird’s-eye view of Bansin? Come on board! Here are a few ideas:
- sightseeing flights over the island of Usedom (from Heringsdorf or Peenemünde)
- Hot air-balloon trips
Tour of the Island
Join us on a tour of the Usedom Lieper Winkel peninsula:
offering picturesque landscapes and hidden corners on what is perhaps Germany’s widest river. Would you like to browse the ‘guest book’ at the summit, visit the guardian of the peninsula and see the oldest church in Usedom? You can see all this and more on our weekly tour – don't miss out!
Haven’t found the perfect bike tour for you yet?
We’d be happy to recommend some great routes for you. We recommend using the Komoot app for support en route. The app helps you choose from countless route recommendations.